Chapter 2. A Pragmatic Approach
8. The Essence of Good Design
Most important topic, at the heart of software development
Tip 14: Good design is easier to change than bad design
ETC: “easier to change”
As far as we can tell, every design principle out there is a special case of ETC.
- it’s a value, not a rule
- requires initial conscious reinforcement
But how tho?
- try to make what you write replacable
It’s really just thinking about keeping code decoupled and cohesive.
- treat this as a way to develop instincts
9. DRY–The Evils of Duplication
(to be continued.)